Monday, August 6, 2012

Who wants a car?

Working in the rural areas as a police officer leads to many fun moments: we have the ridiculous calls of cows in the road, and fellow deputies mooing over the radio. We respond to cars hitting deer almost every shift. And we often have the silliness of being called to garbage cans in the roadway. Seriously people, do not call the po-po to move garbage cans out of the road. Be a good neighbor and move them out of the kindness of your heart. I do this this even when I am not working.

Last night, I am dispatched to a "premises check". A family in this rural asked that we check their residence between 6pm and midnight as they would be at their daughters wedding. They tell us no one should be there. I wonder as I answer my dispatchers that I would respond, who do these people know up top that they expect us to check their house for a 6 hour span of time? And what if I actually have a "real" call..you know...a domestic, robbery, burglary, assault...?
I get to this residence and there are 2 vehicles in the driveway. After a quick DMV check, the cars belong there. I walk to the residence and hear a dog growling at me, from inside the house...thank goodness. I check the door and hey! Surprise! It's UNLOCKED. I am able to enter the residence. I laugh out loud and think to myself, "country people". I check the rest of the house and all appears in order. I go back to my car and advise radio via computer message that it would be helpful if these people would have locked their doors, if they are so worried about being away for 6 hours. I then send another message stating I bet they also left their keys in the ignition of the cars too.
BINGO!!!! Both cars. Keys in ignition!
WHO WANTS A CAR????!!!!!
HAHAHA...Love this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment