Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I've been called a lot of things in my life: and mother is one used in various ways at various times in my life...I was lucky enough to take a few vacation days this weekend and be a mother to my 2 beautiful daughters. Work was not the place for me this weekend.
I definitely didn't want to work Mother's Day and risk being called a motherf'er, which can happen when some person unhappy with their mother, or any other reason, decides that a police officer doing her job is the motherf'er.

I was able to spend this weekend watching them at their dance recital..both have danced since they were 3 years old and it rocks my world to see what graceful dancers they have become. I always cry at these...and this year was no different. They take my breath away.

I like my title of Mom at home..I realized recently that if there is one thing I have done right in this world, it was to have my two daughters..that being said, I pray that as they are closing in on adulthood that I have done enough. And that is what scares me as a mother: will I have been enough of a mom?Was I stable enough? Was I loving enough? Please tell me I didn't pass on my neuroses!

I spent time with my mom and the mom-in-law as well....I know I don't thank them enough for all they have given me...you know..like my life and genetically my children. I hope they know that I love them and I am grateful for all they do for me...all these years.

I am happy to not want to fall into the "Mommy Wars" that are occurring now. Especially with TIME Magazine. I must say that women must support each other, without judgement of the choices we make: be it work, staying home, how we feed our children, if we co-sleep or not...and all the other issues of parenthood.
We should be proud to be called Mothers and be there for each other as we grow into our Motherhood. Because we all know that we have grand ideas about raising our children and then you have them. And all those plans fly right out the window.

I love my children. My beautiful Nicole and Victoria...they light up my life. With them I know unconditional love and I will always be here for them.

Keep Running,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment